N/A
N/A
BIO
Group: Hero
Member No.: 30

Member Inventory: View

Donate

N/A

Wednesday, Feb. 15th: Guinevere's Apple Pie eating contest!

It had seemed that Nick had arrived in Stonebrook during a time of festivities...that or it was a creepy, far too jolly, town that thought itself to be Main Street at Disneyland. He sincerely found himself hoping it to be the first. But for some reason, from what he had so far seen, he wasn’t sure if it would be too out of place to consider the latter, as terrifying as that may be for he felt more like he’d walked onto a set of Hansel and Gretel. Anyways, whatever the jolliness of this town, he was here now and he wasn’t leaving without answers to his questions. Something had brought him here and he was happy to stay on that adventure for now.

Walking through the streets, he noticed stalls and laugher of random faces passing by. Nick smiled an uncertain smile at them and was a little unnerved to have them beaming back at him, often with the reply of a ‘hello’ so chirpy as if they knew him, between that and him often realising people were turning and smiling their greetings at him before he even acknowledged him. Okay, so screw Disneyland, this was turning into the Wickerman at this rate. Regardless, the stranger returned the smiles a little uncertainly as he walked on through the streets till he reached a large gathering of people standing as if they were crowded round for something. Naturally, curiosity drew him forwards to see what the interest was about.

As he neared he noticed a table filled with pies, rather tasty looking pies at that, and people looking like they were setting up or busying themselves ready for something. Not standing too near to the crowd to feel uncomfortable, Nicholas stayed a short distance behind the rest of the crowd, though with those oncoming found himself somewhat in the middle of the group anyways. Still, he was at the side and had a getaway if needed, if they started chanting to burn the stranger in town for example. He didn’t think so, he did think the town was generally an overly chipper town with the festivities being held, but the thought amused him nonetheless. Glancing around his eyes caught that of someone who he had met in his gaze. Nick raised his brows, his lips twisting into somewhat of a smile. Dark gaze lingered longer on the person returning his gaze and he was beginning to feel just slightly uncomfortable with all this random friendliness. Did they act like this with everyone who visited the town?
PM
^
Guinevere Gothel
 Posted: Feb 23 2012, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
Staff
N/A
N/A
N/A
BIO
Group: Heroine
Member No.: 29

Donate

N/A

For the last few years, Guinevere stood nearby the pie table, watching and waiting for the judges to start the contest which was always signaled by the a single shotfire. Those participating could eat like it was nobody's business, and while they were eating the pies quickly, she never got a single complaint about how well they tasted. She deduced it had to do with the time she takes to make sure her crusts are just perfect.

The residents of Stonebrook were enjoying themselves, of that she was certain. She looked across the area and spotted many young families standing nearby, with their adorable children by their sides, holding their balloons, relishing the flavor of a caramel apple, or one of her favorties, mini donuts, with smiles on their faces. They were to young to understand the technicalities behind the festivities, but it was of no matter to Guinevere. Whatever brought people out to simply be with their families, having a good time, brought a smile to Guinevere's face. This was people watching at its finest for sure.

Except for a lone male that was standing somewhat out of the way of everyone else. She's never seen him before, and for as small of a town as it was, she would like to believe that she knew everyone, at least by face. His was one that she's not seen before. Immediately, her brow furrowed as the thoughts of a what a stranger was doing here in Stonebrook came to her mind. Very good question indeed.

Guinevere moved ever so slowly towards him, to ask that very question, but stopped about halfway, when she caught him staring at her in return. Sure she was curious about him, but was it to much? She would have attempted to pretend she wasn't even looking at him, had their eyes not met. She couldn't help staring.

With a deep resolving breath, she had decided she was going to continue towards this stranger. There was something about him that made the girl curious, and she wasn't quite sure if it was his piercing gaze or exactly what.

"I'm sorry to be so forward, but... are you lost?" she inquired when she was within earshot of him.
PMEmail Poster
^
Nicholas Fable
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
Hope
Rapunzel
N/A
N/A
BIO

Donate

N/A

A chance caught glace of a stranger across the crowded street, a young blonde at that, standing like some damsel in a movie. Nick smiled at her as she stopped. The two just stared. Nick was too proud and stubborn to take his eyes off her first and whatever her reason was, he wasn’t sure but could devise a few reason of his own liking. After a silent interlude, the blonde damsel started walking towards him again. Nick couldn’t help but let a triumphant smirk taint his face. And yet, in his own downfall, he stood rooted to the stop just waiting on the attractive stranger approaching him and he couldn’t help by feel a little disappointed by her greeting...

She thought him to be lost? That was all? He just looked like some newcomer stranded in the middle of town with no idea where he was? Well, that was kind of true was it not? Yes, but no, not really, that wasn’t the point and he did know where he was, Stoneburn or whatever the quaint town was called, Stonebrook that was it! Stonebrook, so far away from the city lights he was used to. So he stood out so easily to her? But to him, standing out was definitely a good thing; it was good to be noticed sometimes after all.

Regardless of the setting, the quiet homely town - cupcake city not really being his ideal setting to reside - he couldn’t help but consider things might not be too bad around here. The blonde standing before him cause him to rethink his feelings of the town and if all it’s residents were all so welcoming to the eyes he thought he may well enjoy the time he intended to spend here. Nick continued to eye the young woman before he answered her confidently, “You’re only lost if you’ve got a destination. And since I found the location of this town already I’m alright. Any more definite details would take the entertainment out of the adventure, don’t you think?...But, since you came over...” his blue eyes stared at her, a smile shining behind them. There was a moments silence as he just watched her. She was gentle looking, warm and there was something about her that seemed...different? Good different though.

“What is all this?”
he asked taking his gaze off her for the first time and looking around the streets filled with people involved in what looked like bright festivities and events, “What’s the occasion?” he continued still searching his eyes over the scene before finally drawing them back to the soft blonde who stood before him. His eyes grew slightly wider waiting for their reply, shining their bright colour under the sunlight, entrancing.

PM
^
Guinevere Gothel
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
Staff
N/A
N/A
N/A
BIO

Donate

N/A

It was rude of her to stare, she knew this, and yet, she continued to do it. Knowing it was rude to stare, and yet continue to do so, had made her stomach twist in knots and her mouth go dry; she was actually surprised that she had even managed to say anything at all without sounding like an old bull frog.

The odd thing? He had seemed to stare right back at her. Now, that should have made her question him a lot more than just asking if he was lost, certainly, but for Guinevere, she wasn't thinking that far ahead as she walked towards him. She had even seen that smug look on his face as she did so, and yet there she was still putting one foot in front of the other and getting close enough to ask him if he had been lost.

And instead of getting a simple, yes I am or a no I am not kind of answer, he gave her the run around kind, a smart ass kind of retort, which, made Guinevere's eyes widen in shock. Couldn't he just have said, Why yes, yes I am... or something? She was definitely not bright enough to deal with these kind of answers, which was explainable by the dumbfounded look on her face.

"I'm sorry.. A simple yes or no would have sufficed, Mr....." and because of those piercing blue eyes he had once again placed on her own, her complete train of thought had flew out of her mind and crashed, somewhere else. But something about the way he looked at her, didn't make her feel uncomfortable, well not as much as she did feel a moment ago, when she was originally walking over to him in the first place. Instead, she felt a calming feeling, though she wasn't aware of the reasons why she had felt that way.

A smile slowly came to her pink colored lips as he asked about what was occuring around them. The fact that he was asking told her all she needed to know about the man, this stranger of Stonebrook. That while he may not have been 'lost' as he so aptly pointed out, but that he wasn't from around here at all. If he had been, he would have known what was going on.

"Guess you aren't from around here then." she stated matter of factly, though playful. "It's the Queen's birthday party week. We have events and things every day for a week, and a masquerade at the end of the week. This.. here.." she gestured to the tables, "Is the Pie eating contest. I sponsor the event. I own a restaurant in town. Those.. those are my pies." she beamed.
PMEmail Poster
^
Nicholas Fable
 Posted: Mar 4 2012, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
Hope
Rapunzel
N/A
N/A
BIO

Donate

N/A

The girl’s eyes widened at his reply. Not the type of open reply she was used to playing with then? The thought amused him. Where was the fun in a yes or no answer? And to be honest he wasn’t exactly not lost. Yes, he knew where he was and he was pretty certain he could find his way back to where he was staying but in terms of the backwards living of this town, of the festivities and the overly friendly residents then yes, he was lost. Still, he wasn’t about to admit that to a stranger, no matter how startlingly attractive she was. And so the girl stood facing him looking rather taken aback to the point Nick wondered if she had even understood him. Maybe English wasn’t her first language? Maybe she’d lived in a cage her whole life? And were that the case he’d be only too willing to help her out of it.

Polite, the girl naturally started her response apologetically. It was something he never did understand, apologising when nothing wrong had been said or done, or nothing that needed apologising for at least. But then he was a stranger in this town, she didn’t know him, nor how he would react and so he voiced nothing of it. She hinted for him name and he left it hanging in the air watching her scramble for words from his lack of straight forward answering. After a pause he answered vaguely, “Fable”.

And then, finally, she decided to play back and Nick couldn’t help but shine a somewhat impressed smile upon her. “That obvious huh?” he grinned momentarily before it was gone, “The queen?” he voiced skeptically before thinking. He’d read the flyers only days before but he thought it to be something more of a metaphor than serious. They had a queen here? Really? For this little backwater community? That hosted festivities with pie competitions and little bake sales he presumed. Everything taken out of Stepford Wives scenario, pleasant, stereotypical perfect residents...and he was still a little creeped out by it despite refusing to show it. He looked around as she gestured to the tables around them before letting his gaze settle on her figure once more, “Nice little business you have then...I suppose during today’s happenings that means you have to supervise? Or could you leave your post to show a stranger the apparent excitement of this momentous week?” his lips shifted into an encouraging smirk as he watched her, “They can’t keep you cooped up on the sidelines all day, blondie. Surely you should get to enjoy yourself today, if it’s some once a year thing?”.

PM
^
Guinevere Gothel
 Posted: Mar 4 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
Staff
N/A
N/A
N/A
BIO

Donate

N/A

Guinevere blushed a little and lowered her head when he questioned her. Well of course it was obvious. Here he stood, in the middle... well not really in the middle of things, simply watching everything going on around him. Now had he been a Stonebrook resident, she was almost positive she would have seen him, if not in her restaurant but on the street at some point. The island isn't all that big, and there were very little places to hide.

When she finally gathered her thoughts, she looked back up again, "Well... not to state the obvious, but yes.. Yes it is that obvious, Mr. Fable. I'd like to think I've seen everyone at least once in my restaurant. But seeing how I've not seen you, then it's safe to say that you are not a long time resident." Not that it particularly mattered that he was not, outside of the whole being curious about what brought a stranger to their small and beloved island.

"So, since you have all but admitted to being new to the island, the next question is, what brings you here?" She had almost felt like she was giving him the third degree, as if he was some sort of common criminal that the police would need to know about some point, but the island was far enough from the mainland that most mainlanders wouldn't really go out of there way to come here unless something brought them here. As such, she highly doubted it had anything to do with the festival.

And she could tell with the way that he had questioned her statements that it wasn't simply the festival. "Yes. History has it the island was once ruled by a queen." she told him with a shrug of her shoulders. "Whether that's true or not.. I'll never know. I just know that Stonebrook has been celebrating her birthday for as long as I've been around, so there must be some truth to the tale, I suppose?"

She took her eyes off his for a moment, and looked back to the table, and smiled with pride as the contestants were continuing to devour her pastry. Gesturing with her arm towards the table, "I don't guess you'd give it a go?" she asked with a smirk. Newcomers, they never just make them feel at home in an unknown location. "And no, I don't have to supervise. I just like to." she told him with a narrowing of her eyes.

She wasn't cooped up, and she didn't have to supervise anything, she just enjoyed her work that she felt like she needed to be here. "I'm not cooped up, Mr. Fable, and what would be wrong with me supervising an event that I put on?" And honestly, she didn't know the gentleman before her, and what nerve he had to just assume she would leave the contest for him. Who was he anyway? "Are you always this cocky?" she inquired, "By the way, my name is Guinevere; not blondie."
PMEmail Poster
^
Nicholas Fable
 Posted: Mar 5 2012, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
Hope
Rapunzel
N/A
N/A
BIO

Donate

N/A

What brought him here? What brought him here was not a discussion he wanted to have and waht did it matter? He was here now, standing in front of a friendly blonde, in a rather surreal setting but he could get used to that for now. “Can someone not just visit? Didn’t realise I was trespassing here” he grinned at her, “Personal reasons.” Was all he gave her. Looking for my biological family that I believe have some kind of connection to here was a bit more than he was willing to give some random stranger he’d just met. And personal details were not something he liked to give out too willingly. After all, the more people knew of you the more they had to use against you, it wasn’t a situation he liked to fall into all to often with strangers. This woman may look young and innocent but those were the qualities that would only be a downfall. Regardless, it wouldn’t be a completely regretful downfall with someone like her. There was something about this woman, something strange but he couldn’t put his finger on it. There was a softness about her, a gentleness that was somewhat attractive. She wasn’t like the girls he knew in the city but maybe it was those differences that made her so inviting? Shiny and new.

For someone who lived on the island, she didn’t really seem to care much about its history which made him wonder if she’d always lived here. If not, what had made her stay here? And if so, then what had made her not desire leave? And come to think on it, why did he even care? She was cute a cute, friendly blonde that had an attractive innocence about her but that wasn’t much to care about her history on, was it? Why was he even still dwelling on the concept? Right, moving on... “You’ve lived here all your life?” he enquired unable to actually move on with the topic, too intrigued and wanting to know.

Beside him, Nicholas’s eyes drifted to the tables that blondie pointed out. Contestants wolfed down the pies quickly and competitively. Nick gave a look of question in their direction, one that silently shone his opinion despite his lack of words for the sight. No, he didn’t want to give it a go, his pride forbid him. As did his dignity. And his vain image. And though he watched those competing in the competition, he listened to what his blonde acquaintance said about her duties...Right...She didn’t have to help, she just did...Oh god, this woman was a nun! She had to be! That was it! That would explain a lot, a hell of a lot. And though his devised theories were more in jest than serious, the fact remained that he seen her to be very...restrained? Much less than he was used to at least. Partying girls of the city had little use for the word ‘no’, the unknown was dangerous, adventurous and they usual jumped to the opportunity for a little fun. But then there was something silent about this girl, something that was more than met the eye he believed. Perhaps a reason why he still stood there, or that could possibly be because he could see she was becoming more and more worked up and it was highly amusing.

“Whoa! Nothing at all”
hands raised before him defensively, he smiled with a slight shake of his head. So he’d gotten to her? Yep, that wasn’t difficult at all. It seemed she hadn’t met anyone like him before and with a quick glance around the streets, he knew that to seem pretty true in his thoughts. He laughed a little at her questioning, “Only around pretty women” he replied bluntly, eyes flashing back to her once more, “Guinevere...” he tried out, “I have to admit, I kinda like Blondie, Guinn...It suits you” he smirked playfully at her, “Tell you what, Blondiehe teased lightly, “I’ll stop calling you that when you come to the masquerade with me.”

PM
^
Guinevere Gothel
 Posted: Mar 9 2012, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
Staff
N/A
N/A
N/A
BIO

Donate

N/A

"Well of course someone can visit." she acknowledged with a sharp turn of her head in his direction. The question was really why did anyone really want to? Sure, in her opinion Stonebrook was beautiful and definitely worth a visit, but she knew traveling to the mainland and back again was a time waster. Why would anyone come to just.. visit?

"It's just the time it takes to travel here is long." she told him, trying to keep her temper from getting the better of her. She wasn't sure what was this guy, but he was really beginning to wind her up. And why? He was just a stranger, there really was no need for him to get under skin as easily as he was, but for some reason... He was, and Guinevere really wished she knew what personal quality he had within him to manage it. As he explained that he had personal reasons for coming, she took an immediate interest in that statement. "Personal..." she took a step closer, "reasons? Like.. what kind of personal reasons, Mr. Fable? You have family here or something?" she snickered. Obviously, if that was the case, then surely he would have known what was going on? The queen's annual birthday week does draw in quite the crowd she supposed, even if from the mainland.

Guinevere wasn't one that shied away from answering personal questions, she got it all the time at the restaurant, and it was a good way to make those personal connections with the customers! But she didn't feel like making nice with this gentleman. Although, her living here all her life should have been common knowledge, since she did tell him she had a restaurant here. Crossing her arms over her chest, she shook her head lightly, "That is not any of your business, Mr. Fable."

She wasn't necessarily ashamed of where she lived. She loved Stonebrook. The rich history of the small town always intrigued her, scared her though too, because of all the stories she had heard. All these thoughts ran through her head as her attention turned back to the tables as soon as Fable's did. She didn't quite understand why she was so wound up when it came to him, but there was something, something strange that somehow translated into interesting because the longer they stood there, the more she wanted to continue talking to him. How was this even possible?

Her eyes diverted back to his when she heard speak again, "Well good, I am glad there is nothing wrong with me actually enjoying my work, Mr. Fable. It's something I look forward to every year, and by the looks of things.." her voice faded momentarily as she gestured back to the participants, "They do too." she finished, her gaze turning back to his. Her eyes blinked however at the compliment he provided, and the subsequent invitation to the ball. For someone who was new in town he sure was making the rounds, wasn't he?

"Oh, so you will be staying long enough to go to the Masquerade then?" she asked, feeling incredibly stupid for even asking it. Well, of course he was, duh! He did just ask her to the ball, after all. "Did you just ask me to the ball?" Besides, she didn't adhere to blackmail. "You're blackmailing me..." she laughed softly as she shook her head. "Why don't you come to the restaurant later for dinner, and we'll talk about it, hmmm?" Oh God, just what the hell? "We're not far from the Inn. I assume you will be staying there?"
PMEmail Poster
^
Nicholas Fable
 Posted: Mar 15 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon
Hope
Rapunzel
N/A
N/A
BIO

Donate

N/A

The sharp turn of her head was as sharp as her reply and Nick held back a laugh at the blonde who was seemingly struggling to keep her calm self in check. He wondered if there was a local bar around this quaint town, it would be interesting to get this bombshell a little intoxicated, see her loosen up, let her hair down a little so to speak. Nick wasn’t the type to get too caught up on anything, he played the game as it was just that, a game, a bit of fun along the way, taking everything one step at a time. Life was for enjoying. This town was very convenient, very story like, a beginning, middle and end, completely structured and not in the least unsuspecting from his opinions so far. Certainly, he hadn’t expected to run into a pretty blonde and okay, she wasn’t like those he was used to picking up, or rather meeting, in his day to day life, but the farm girl style innocence that beamed off her was different, refreshing and challenging.

Nick never flinched as she walked closer to her. Instead, he stood still, gaze watching down on her petite figure, a smirk sweeping across his lips. “Why suddenly so interested?” he retorted amused, so his mystery in town intrigued her. Good. Immediately as soon as he’d questioned her in response, Guinevere had closed herself off once again with her arms protectively crossing over her chest. Nick raised a brow, “Oh, so that’s how it is sweetcheeks, it’s perfectly fine for you to ask me of my personal reasons but you, you wont even nod yes or no to staying here you’re whole life...I’m not some serial killer who’s after all those who were born in Stonebrook, my dear. As entrancing as that would be, there are better places for a more entertaining setting” his tone was dark but there was jest in his words that lightened slightly along with the relaxed look on his face as he constantly watched Guinevere.

“A wonderful yearly spectacular. Have you ever left this place? Seen the city lights?” he asked quickly following a sarcastic comment, it wasn't a secret in his mannerisms that he didn't think much of this little festival, but then, he wasn't from around here, maybe there was something more to it for the locals? Regardless, in relation to Guin, he wondered if she was as sheltered as he believed her to be. Had she enjoyed the mystery of the world? Seen the buildings that intimidated people as if they were ants on the sidewalk? Partying till the morning light took over from the artificial neons of the city? She didn’t strike him as the girl he had. “You know blondie, there’s far more out there to enjoy than a job...You’re young, what? Twenty-one? Ready to see the world and go against all parent’s have instilled in you for too long? You should be out there enjoying life not stuck in this little town being all so responsibly grown up” he didn’t mean to sound judging or disrespectful, it just came out that was in his aloof nature of this gentle figure he wasn’t used to meeting.

And then, moments later, here she was questioning his request for her to attend this silly little town ball with him. He wasn’t too certain himself if he wanted to go but this festival malarkey seemed to mean a lot to the town and this woman so why not? Maybe he’d find what he was looking for while he was there too? Who knew? It seemed a focal point of the week and what was the harm? Nick just smiled at the woman who seemed rather taken aback by his forwardly requested invite, laughing as she voiced her concerns of blackmail. So much for trying to be nice...if that’s what interests in a pretty blonde could be classed as. “It’s a date” he smirked playing with her, walking backwards a few steps, “I’ll meet you there blondie” he grinned teasing her once more before he turned and started to walk a few paces. Slowing, he stopped and turned around to face her again, “It’s Nick by the way, my name.”
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D Shadowplay redcarpet&&rebellion ON THE EDGE, a jcink resource site

Skinned by Genesis! exclusively for Forever Charmed