chatbox

the staff
staff one
staff two

spotlight

affiliates
affiliate codes go here

credits
put your credits here this skin and graphics was made by marv at atf, caution, & sds

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Stories of Old, [OPEN]
Francesca Stiles
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 03:43 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Abby
Francesca Stiles

N/Ayears

8posts

N/Astatus

KEEP ON DANCING TIL THE WORLD ENDS.

Date: mid january, Tagged: OPEN

It was a cold day in Stonebrook. The previous nights snow dusting had decorated the trees, and sparkled in the sunlight. Francesca, however, was holed up in a corner of the library because she had a brief for her criminal law class due at the end of the week. She still didn't really understand all the legal mumbo jumbo, but she understood enough to have a passing grade. Well she wouldn't really tell anyone that her teacher threatened to call her parents if she didn't buckle down in his class. She couldn't help it if everyone else was inept and she stated the obvious.

Pulling her feet up to rest on a nearby table, she glanced out the window, all the while twirling her black locks between her fingers. Somewhere out in there was something that she so desperately wanted to get her hands on, something that would make everyone stop bad-mouthing her family under their hushed whispers. Finding it and earning the bounty weighted heavily on her mind; more so than the stupid brief she had to do. Shoving her books to one side, she stood up, pulling her sweater down and began to make a move across the library. There had to be something in the shelves that told the story of the curse. She doubted there would be any clues left to be found, (considering since the passing of Queen Marisa no one has found it) but there had to be something. But what, what could be here that others haven't already picked through? This is where her investigative skills would come in handy. If she had any.

She moved swiftly towards the research section, almost positive there would be something in the old history books about the world in which Queen Marisa ruled and died, but finding what she was looking for was like looking for a needle in a haystack. She wasn't even really sure where to begin. Surely someone who had the smarts would come along and offer their services? She took a moment to glance around the library, and noticed that anyone who had any sort of potential didn't bother looking up from their books to take notice in her. Well that just wouldn't do. With a huff, she intentionally reached for a book that was much to high for her, in hopes that someone would see out of the corner of their eye her struggle and immediately come over to assist. Now, which one of these dummies would do the honor?

MADE BY INDIA AT ATF.

Credit to creating pulsars @ Caution for the header.

PMEmail Poster
^
Belinda Hamilton
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Quinn
Belinda Hamilton

N/Ayears

23posts

N/Astatus

highway to hell ,
Living easy, living free Season ticket on a one-way ride Asking nothing, leave me be Taking everything in my stride Don't need reason, don't need rhyme Ain't nothing I would rather do Going down, party time My friends are gonna be there tooNo stop signs, speed limit Nobody's gonna slow me down Like a wheel, gonna spin it Nobody's gonna mess me round hey Satan, payed my dues Playing in a rocking band Hey Momma, look at me I'm on my way to the promised land

Belinda had been a frequent visitor to the library of Stonebrook since she had returned home from college. Partly because with her job she had to deal with little children and the library had a plethora of children’s books for her to peruse and because she loved the atmosphere that it provided. She usually read a book to the kindergarten classes before she started her music lessons for the day. She had also become very well acquainted with the classic novels section and usually would take one or two books out of the library to see if she enjoyed them before she bought them. Today she had selected a few children’s books for her little munchkins and was perusing the classics section for herself.

As she was looking through the section she began humming to herself, trying to figure out what to check out. Alexandre Dumas, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, she had read them all and loved every moment of them, a copy of each of their works graced the shelves of her parent’s guest home that she lived in. Today she was in the mood for something different, maybe a little darker. As she looked her fingers landed on a book she had always meant to read but never quite gotten around to it. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, it had been on her list for ages. It was perfect on a cold winter day like today, she would make a fire and sit in her favorite arm chair and dive right in.

Once she pulled the worn volume off the shelf and on top of her pile of books she noticed a woman attempting to reach a book on a shelf in the history section that was far too high for her. Seeing that the step stool was closest to her, Belinda thought she would be a good Samaritan and bring it over to the woman in need. Hefting her own stack of books onto her hip she picked up the step stool with one hand and brought it over.

“ Maybe this will help.” she said pleasantly setting it down before her making sure not to drop it on either one of their feet. Then she looked up to see an extremely familiar face standing before. Although they had gone to the same college, Belinda had never really gotten to spend that much time with her since they had very different majors. Belinda had been over in the music wing, giving concerts going to performances while Fran had been a law major.

“ Francesca? It is you! I don’t know if you would remember me. I’m Belinda Hamilton, we went to college together.” she exclaimed, a huge smile crossing her face at the thought of reuniting with a college classmate. Although Belinda had graduated two years ago it seemed like forever since college. “ I think we had a class together freshman year but I can’t of me remember what it was. It seems as if it was ages ago!” she added trying to make friendly conversation.

created by tillie of caution & sds
this post is for francesca stiles, 520 words credit to me for text, banner. Outfit: Whats in the picture works

PM
^
Francesca Stiles
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 06:59 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Abby
Francesca Stiles

N/Ayears

8posts

N/Astatus

Date: mid january, Tagged: OPEN

If only she was a very inches taller.. or if only she was wearing high heeled shoes, she would have been able to reach that book, with no trouble at all. But no, she chose to forego the fashionable heels for something more appropriate for the weather and therefore caused her to look completely atrocious. How silly she must have appeared to everyone around her! Completely unacceptable this was! Embarrassing even! She could feel her temperature rise with each extra stretch to get the book, but it was just out of reach.

Her eyes glanced around at the library, expecting someone to have come over to help her, but no one was. How rude of them! she thought as she released a huff, and lowering her arm. Clearly she would have to actually go get someone to help her. That was not the way it worked for any of the Stiles, but especially moreso for the women.

Just as she was about to turn to go make nice with someone she saw someone heading in her direction. It was another young female, much like herself, if she had to guess. She looked her over and crossed her arms in front of her as she approached with a step stool. Now, why on earth didn't Fran think of that? Oh yeah, because Fran likes being waited on.

Putting on a fake smile, she took the stool from her, and rested it against her leg for a moment as the woman spoke. All Fran had to do was say Thank you and be done with it, and the woman would leave. But as it stood, the other girl recognized her as an old college student. Great. This was just fantastic. Fran didn't want to make nice, especially with someone she didn't even remember, let alone know. She wanted to get right down to business. Well at least she had one thing right; she didn't remember her. Not she really cared to either.

"Right! Of course I do." she lied easily and with no regret. "Music major, right?" If the smile didn't let her know, she was certain that the shock of her own memory would have. Fran doesn't care about others, so why should this girl be any different? "Funny, I usually don't remember other students, but you are the exception! Clearly they weren't out of college long enough for Belinda Hamilton to forget her. "Yes, I know what you mean though."

MADE BY INDIA AT ATF.

PMEmail Poster
^
Belinda Hamilton
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 09:27 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Quinn
Belinda Hamilton

N/Ayears

23posts

N/Astatus

highway to hell ,
Living easy, living free Season ticket on a one-way ride Asking nothing, leave me be Taking everything in my stride Don't need reason, don't need rhyme Ain't nothing I would rather do Going down, party time My friends are gonna be there tooNo stop signs, speed limit Nobody's gonna slow me down Like a wheel, gonna spin it Nobody's gonna mess me round hey Satan, payed my dues Playing in a rocking band Hey Momma, look at me I'm on my way to the promised land

Music major right? Yep, of course she remembered her it wasn’t exactly as if Belinda blended in.The music major that had security following her around as she went from class to class like she was the president’s daughter. She loved her parents to be sure, but sometimes she felt as if they were suffocating her with all the preventative measures she was forced to endure. So suffice to say her college experience had not quite been the freeing social experience she had been longing for. But she was here now, and it was a chance to start over.

“ Yes, that’s right. And you were in law school. What are you doing now with your degree?” she asked hoping to keep the conversation going. Belinda was eager to make friends in Stonebrook and Francesca was an old acquaintance and seemed like a logical place to start. Perhaps now they could try and be friends now that they were home. Bel knew that the Stiles family had a long history that was intimately intertwined with the history of Stonebrook and as such Francesca was probably an important fixture in the community.

“ Oh! I know what you mean. I’m so bad with names. It took me forever to learn all my students’ names at the school.” she said earnestly brushing off the slight as if it had never happened. The law school majors always had so much to do, so Belinda could hardly blame her for not remembering any of their classmates. Belinda hadn’t had much interaction with her classmates outside the orchestra department but those she did meet she at least tried to remember a face if not the actual name. Most had been scared off by the security guards that followed her around, but the few brave ones had managed to be preserved in her head.

Francesca had always been an anomaly to her. There was no conceivable reason why she should stick out in Belinda’s mind but she always had. They had only had one class together but it had been enough to leave a lasting impression on her mind. Belinda had merely attributed it to the fact that they had happened to hail from the same town. It was a small world, that two residents of Stonebrook had met at college.

“ What brings you to the library today? Doing a little research?” she asked looking around the section they were in. The History section seemed a little far from her realm of expertise so Belinda was naturally curious as to what would have drawn Francesca’s attention to this particular part of the library. Rather than appear nosy she gestured at her own stack of books balancing on her hips.

“ I’m getting books for my kindergarteners, we settle down for music class with a story. It works wonders in keeping them behaved.” she added freely sharing the same information she had asked of her.

this post is for francesca stiles, 520 words credit to me for text, banner. Outfit: Whats in the picture works

PM
^
Francesca Stiles
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 05:35 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Abby
Francesca Stiles

N/Ayears

8posts

N/Astatus

Date: mid january, Tagged: Belinda, OPEN

Generally speaking, Francesca had a very good memory. Though, if she was being honest, she only took care in acquainting herself with those that she believed would be able to help her in one way or another. Or unless of course they had a good looking set of eyes and a nice smile. Both of which, this girl before had neither. But here she was, pretending she gave a damn and was making niceties with a girl she didn't even remember nor did she want to. How could a law student know anything about a music major anyway? It's not like they shared the same side of campus; outside of apparently the one class they had. Big whoop.

"I'm still finishing." she told her with a glare. They may have had one class together, but that didn't mean they were actually in the same class. Fran wasn't exactly sure why she divulged that info to her, but she did. What was she supposed to say? Fran didn't care to know what she were to say, and she sure as heck wasn't going to tell her what she was doing in the history section, looking up information on Stonebrook back in day.

Francesca was growing more and more bored as the conversation continued. What did Francesca care if the girl before her was good or bad with names? She didn't for goodness sake. So why exactly was the girl going out of her way to make a conversation, and why was Franny so interested? "Suppose that goes with the territory." she admitted in regards to that particular comment. It never ceased to amaze Francesca how long it took her teachers, college level or not, to remember all their students names, considering they have many students at once through out the day. "I'm sure it takes a very special talent for professors to remember all of their students names."

Her eyes eyed the book on the shelf and back down to the girl in front of her and she couldn't help but laugh. It wasn't a loud laugh by any means but a laugh nonetheless. "Well yes..I am doing a little research. I have a brief due at the end of the week." Though, given the particular section in the history section they were in, Francesca was certain the girl would realize she wasn't anywhere near the legal research books. So what was she supposed to say if she asked? "But I couldn't concentrate on schoolwork, so I decided to do a little research on my family instead."

Growing more and more annoyed, Francesca didn't pay much attention to the rest of Belinda's ramblings and barely caught any of the rest of her words. Though it was quite curious why Belinda had even offered to help her to begin with. Was she just that friendly or was there something more to it? "Well thanks." she gave her a slight nod of her head and motioned to the stool. "I'm sure I will be able to get what I am looking for with this."

MADE BY INDIA AT ATF.

PMEmail Poster
^
Belinda Hamilton
 Posted: Feb 11 2012, 05:31 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Quinn
Belinda Hamilton

N/Ayears

23posts

N/Astatus

highway to hell ,

When she heard that Francesca was still finishing her eyes widened in surprise, of course she was. Didn’t all lawyers have to go through like seven years of school or something? So Fran must have been pre-law when she at school with Bel. For Bel at least it had been easy four years of music and she was free to teach to the nation’s youth. “ Oh right, I’m sorry. So you were pre-law when we were in school?” she asked for clarification.

When the conversation moved to what Francesca was doing in the library Belinda’s interest was peaked. Wow, that sounded so very important. Bel never really had much of a mind for that sort of thing being more apt for more creative things like her music. That was why she was so glad she had Chris in her life, he usually took care of all that tedious business stuff.

“ Oh right, your family is famous in this area.” she said thoughtfully. She didn’t mean anything offensive by it but Belinda was so used to being around people of stature that she didn’t really think twice about it. Bel had only really spent her summers in Stonebrook as a child so she was a little uneducated as far as the history of the town went. She remembered vaguely that the Stiles family were descendents of the ruling family from a couple hundred years ago.

Oh and there was something about a curse. Bel remembered that part of the story a little better. As a little girl she had always had a fondness for love stories and she had thought that the tale about the prince and his lover was terribly romantic. It had seemed like something of a fairy tale that the evil queen had set a curse upon them and goodness had prevailed in the end by making the curse backfire. “ I loved the story of your ancestor as a little girl. I always remember thinking it was something out of a fairy tale and not a history book.” she added as she started to remember bits and pieces about the story.

“ I’m so sorry! Of course , I’m keeping you from all that important legal work. I’ll get out your hair right away.” she said as she watched Francesca try to end the conversation. Of course she was busy with that brief and her history research. Belinda could be so absent minded sometimes. When she got excited about things she tended to have a one track mind. Chris was the only one that didn’t seem to mind that trait about her.

“ Well it was very nice seeing you again. And I hope you have great success with your brief and whatever family research your doing.” she said touching her fingers to her head in a mock salute before she reached down to grab her mountain of children’s books more firmly and turning to leave to go over to the checkout desk.

PM
^
Francesca Stiles
 Posted: Feb 20 2012, 06:09 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Abby
Francesca Stiles

N/Ayears

8posts

N/Astatus

Date: mid january, Tagged: Belinda, OPEN

Francesca stepped back ever so slightly as she saw the look on Belinda's face. Why was her telling her that she was finishing surprising? It wasn't like they had the same social circles; and even if they had run in the same social circles, Fran probably wouldn't have given her a second look anyway.

"You.. act surprised.." she commented. She didn't really care to make conversation, but here she was doing it anyway. "But! Yes.. I was pre-law. I should be finished in about a year or so. I'm actually starting an internship with the DA's office." For some reason, telling Belinda about her triumphs did quite the ego boost. Besides her family name, being at the DA's office was the next best thing to being a public figure in this no-name town.

She held back a snicker at the obvious statement that came hurling out of her mouth. Though, she should be used to it by now. It didn't always sit well with her the stories she heard on the streets about her family line, but it was what it was and Fran was who she was. "Hmm, yes. Famous..." Famous for all the wrong reasons, Fran thought silently to herself. Once she managed to find that stupid curse, it would change the history books forever. As Belinda continued going on with her little tangent about listening to the stories about her family, Fran grew increasingly more annoyed. They weren't fairytales! Her entire family before her did everything they could to change how the townfolk perceived them, heck how the world perceived them, and with each generation, a new story was told, more than likely a false tale to boot! "Oh you enjoyed listening to the fairytales, did you?" the annoyance she felt came through with each word she spoke. "I wouldn't necessarily believe everything you hear, Ms. Hamilton." she narrowed her eyes, and her eyes grew cold and icy.

"Great.. Thank you. I do have plenty of work to do, but before you leave... Have any plans to attend my Grandmother's party?" she asked, genuinely curious. Oddly enough, she wondered if she would bump into her again.

MADE BY INDIA AT ATF.

PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll