chatbox

the staff
staff one
staff two

spotlight

affiliates
affiliate codes go here

credits
put your credits here this skin and graphics was made by marv at atf, caution, & sds

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Decisions, Decisions, Open
Belinda Hamilton
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:49 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Quinn
Belinda Hamilton

N/Ayears

23posts

N/Astatus

MY FUTURE LIES BEYOND
THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD

The work of a teacher was never done, it was the weekend and Belinda Hamilton was still doing stuff for her kids. Up on the docket today was a trip to the music store for percussion instruments for her upper level music classes. She wanted to start a composition unit with her fifth graders and the school only offered a few battered old drums and xylophones so she had decided to supplement her supplies a bit. Since her students were young she was looking to get instruments for a decent price that they could beat up and she wouldn’t be out to much money.

So she had gotten up and gotten ready to go out, all while having her critical cup of coffee in the morning. Although Belinda was a gainfully employed adult with a salary and everything, she had had to fight with her parents to allow her to leave their home. Her father was especially protective of her and wanted Belinda close by. In the end a compromise was reached thanks to Belinda’s mother, Belinda was given the guest house in the back of her parents’ estate. Now at least she had a place to call her own while still being close to her parents.

Before Belinda left she made a call to the main house to tell her parents that she was going to town and to not worry. Then she proceeded to leave ‘her’ house, get in her car and make the short drive to town. While on the way there she cranked the tunes on her ipod so that she could sing along. Although Belinda was a classical musician she had a weakness for rock music from the eighties. Belinda considered it her guilty pleasure and when she thought no one was watching she sang along at the top of her lungs. Today she was on a Van Halen kick and as she rolled up to the music parking lot in her Mercedes, the song Jump could be heard by everyone outside.

Turning the car off, she plugged in her ear phones and grabbed her purse from the passengers seat before exiting her vehicle. She started humming along to her jam and dancing a bit as well thinking she was completely unobserved.

“ Might as well Jump!” she sang under her breath and then turned bright red as she saw several people passing by staring at her. Laughing a bit she ducked her head and pulled the ear phones out of her ears before entering the store.

Although the music store was small, it still had enough supplies for what she needed and she immediately moved over to the percussion section so that she could start figuring out what she would purchase. Figuring that drumsticks and mallets would be a good place to start she started picking up different ones and comparing them biting her lower lip as she did so.

“ Hmmm.” she said trying to decide between what looked like two absolutely identical drumsticks. While Belinda was an authority on cello instruments, she was a little lost on what was good for percussion.

TAG: Open | WORDS: 530 | OUTFIT: Black Sweater, Jeans, Boots and a Grey Coat | CREDIT: MERCY OF CAUTION!
PM
^
Frederick Harmon
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 10:50 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Alice
Frederick Harmon

N/Ayears

8posts

N/Astatus

Freddie was not quite sure exactly why he thought getting a job in the music store would be a good idea, thankfully neither did the manager. That had been the third job he had been turned down for that week. He had a duel college degree for crying out loud! Why was it this hard to find a job in this town? Surely, he would not be stuck working at the food market for the rest of his life? With a sigh, Frederick Harmon showed himself out of the small back office of the store, binder filled with resume in hand. Another turned down offer, another need to have a drink at the local bar. If things kept doing this way, he would surely he known as the town drunk in no time.

Flipping open his binder, the young man scanned over the papers inside wondering exactly what was wrong with them? Was he really not good enough for a any store in the market that wasn't the food market? Was he really going to be forced into the many awkward conversations that he had already encountered from the many people he vowed to never see again? At least the higher powers at work here could grant him a job in a dark room in the back of an office where he would never have to see anyone.

"Ba Dum." Almost as if answering his his question in joke form, Freddie heard a drumstick collide onto a snare head and produce a loud sound that carried throughout the small store. Fumbling with his binder in hand, he mumbled to himself as he bent down trying to pick it up, which obviously caused a few more sticks to fall onto the drum head and produce the same sound, this time only multiplied.

The young man's freckled splattered face turned a shade of red as bright as his hair as he frantically tried to put up the sticks off the ground. He had never really been a fan of his mother's favorite game of 'pick up sticks' either. And he surely did not want the shop owner to come out and see what a mess he was making of the store after being rejected from the job.

Looking up, he noticed a woman not too far away from him, which only made his blush even more violent. "I...um...sorry..." He mumbled out, letting his binder scattered onto the floor as he attempted to clean up the horrific mess he had managed to make.

follow you

WORDS: 422 OUTFIT: Dark slacks, oxford shirt, blazer, tie, dark rimmed glasses.

CREDITS: STALK ME REDNECK! for the lovely template.

PMUsers WebsiteAOL
^
Belinda Hamilton
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Quinn
Belinda Hamilton

N/Ayears

23posts

N/Astatus

MY FUTURE LIES BEYOND
THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD

Belinda loved music so much that she could easy spend hours in the music store without realizing where the time went. She felt as if music spoke to a special part of her soul that no one else could reach. She had grown up so very lonely, wanting friends and experiences of her own but no matter what when she played her cello she felt as if she could break free from the walls of her gilded cage and soar. So it was no surprise that Belinda had been so engrossed in shopping that she hadn’t even noticed the young man come out of the office muttering to himself at first.

However, once the loud crash occurred that was unmistakably a drumstick hitting against a snare drum. Belinda immediately whipped her head around to see what had happened and took notice of the young guy standing amidst a sea of drumsticks with a sympathetic look on her face. When he apologized for making a racket Belinda smiled reassuringly at him before setting her own stuff down to the side so she could move to help him pick up the mess.

“It’s no problem! Here let me help.” she said crouching down as she grabbed a handful and started to stick them back on the shelves. Hoping to put the young man more at ease, considering his face was now the color of his hair she tried to make light of the whole situation by making a joke.

“ I should be thanking you, you saved me the trouble of having to try them all out. I think I’m definitely going to go with these.” she said holding up the sticks that had fallen with a sheepish grin. Having realized that she hadn’t yet introduced herself she stopped helping for a second and stuck her hand out.

“ I haven’t seen you around before. Where are my manners? I’m Belinda Hamilton. I teach music at the elementary school.” she said hoping that he would put two and two together and recognize her family name as that of the famous Hollywood couple. Belinda hadn’t really lived in Stonebrook full time since she was a young child so it was likely that he was a Stonebrook native that she’d simply never met before. “ What brings you to the music store? Do you like music?” she asked as she brushed a long lock of her curled blonde hair behind her ears as she resumed helping him pick up the mess. .

TAG: Open | WORDS: 430 | OUTFIT: Black Sweater, Jeans, Boots and a Grey Coat | CREDIT: MERCY OF CAUTION!
PM
^
Frederick Harmon
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 10:18 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Alice
Frederick Harmon

N/Ayears

8posts

N/Astatus

Of course the clumbsey, nerdy boy Frederick would be the one to make a mess of everything. Something things truly never change in Stonebrook. It was one of the sad truths that he never really wanted to admit. No matter how hard he tried, or how much of an education he received to everyone in the town he would always be the awkward nerd boy he was all those years ago.

As he heard a voice, Freddie's face glanced up to meet the gaze of the woman in the shop with him. He had not wanted to bother her, but he supposed that was exactly what his clumsy self had made him do. "You...you really don't have to." He stammered out, his voice a lot deeper than one would imagine for a man of his slightly shorter than usual height. The violent red of his cheeks had still not vanished from his face.

Taking in a deep breath, he couldn't hide the slight upward curling of his lips at her comment. It was awfully nice of her to not dig into him as many had done in the past. Using the back of his hand the young man wiped his upper lip and stuttered an awkward chuckle. "You...You're welcome...I guess."

Shaking his head, he turned to his paper work that had scattered over the floor. The bold header with his name flashing and his many honors he had earned at his university haunted him. He couldn't even get a silly job at a hole in the wall music shop with all this? Had he really waisted all that money on a hopeless dream? "Bel...inda." He repeated, taking her hand in a firm shake, hoping that it wasn't too firm for the girl's hand. "Frederick Harmon." He stated his own name, pointed at his chest with his free hand.

He purposely chose to leave out his place of business, slightly embarrassed to be speaking to someone who had obviously started their life long career already.

And then of course her next question hit him. Great. His face managed to blush an even deeper shade of red, causing many of the freckles that plagued his skin to vanish under the red hue. "I was just...looking for a job. I just got back into town as was hoping to find something, somewhere." Standing, with the many drumsticks in his arms he hurriedly placed them back on the shelves, hoping that the shop owner would be in his office long enough not to see them. "And no, Im...not really a fan all that much. Are you? Or do you have another reason for being here, as well?"

follow you

PMUsers WebsiteAOL
^
Belinda Hamilton
 Posted: Feb 1 2012, 05:03 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Quinn
Belinda Hamilton

N/Ayears

23posts

N/Astatus

MY FUTURE LIES BEYOND
THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD

Bel smiled when the young man stuttered out that she didn’t need to help him. He seemed like one of her elementary schoolers, maybe a little awkward and shy but a good person all around. Bel kept helping him regardless, because that was the type of person she was but glanced up to look him in the eye as she watched the blush on his face.

“ But I want to. It’s good karma.” she told him simply. Belinda was a woman who believed in putting good energy out in the universe and eventually it would return to her. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but Belinda believed that her good deed would be visited back upon her. She found that thinking positive was the way to go, because when one thinks positive good things happen to them. When she saw him start to smile after her little joke she stopped for a second and placed her hand on his arm.

”There! You see? No big deal.” she added with a kind smile. When he moved to his papers Bel couldn’t help but try and take a peek at what they were. All the bold headings and accomplishments looked so very important and Bel was a naturally curious person. When she shook his hand she giggled a bit before she let go.

“ Please call me Bel. All my friends do.” she said hoping that a little familiarity might put him mor eat ease. “ It’s so nice to meet you Fredrick. I’m glad we ran into each other today.” she said pleasantly. When she saw that telltale blush return upon her mention of what he was doing in the music store her eyes filled up with silent sympathy. That was really too bad that he wasn’t able to find a job.

“ Oh I’m so sorry. That’s to bad.” she said wondering if she knew of anyone hiring. “ Did you try over at the elementary school? We’re always in short supply of substitute teachers. All you need is an associate’s degree to get on the list. You might not get called every day but it would at least be an in somewhere.” she suggested hoping that she could help. “ I can put in a good word if that would help.” she added wondering if he would take her up on that. When asked if she was a fan of music Bel snorted amusedly.

“ You could say that. I teach it, eat it, sleep it, breath it.” she joked playfully. “ I want to start a composition unit with my upper level kids and the school doesn’t supply that many for all my classes. So I was looking at adding to my supply.” she said shrugging. .

TAG: Open | WORDS: 480 | OUTFIT: Black Sweater, Jeans, Boots and a Grey Coat | CREDIT: MERCY OF CAUTION!
PM
^
Frederick Harmon
 Posted: Feb 12 2012, 09:57 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Alice
Frederick Harmon

N/Ayears

8posts

N/Astatus

Freddie couldn't help but stair at the woman helping him. It wasn't usually that a smile crossed his face while being forced to dwell in the retched town, but even without him knowing a smile had managed to make it's way onto his face. "Well, that's a good enough reason I suppose." He spoke. Being nice for the sake of being nice? That wasn't something you heard too often now a days.

"Sorry, again." He added. As he tried to pick up the rest of the mess he had made. Surely, he couldn't go around handing out resumes that had been thrown all over the floor...or at least that's what he would think if he would be anywhere else than Stonebrook. People here didn't really have much want to care about things such as clean resumes. They were too busy being so insufferably boring.

"Bel." He repeated, nodding a few times. "And you can call me Freddie. All my friends...well, if I had friends they would call me Freddie." He couldn't help but laugh. Gosh...how he hated Stonebrook so much.

But then the next words out of her mouth had made her Freddie's newest favorite human being. "R-really?" He stuttered out, his face looking as if he had just heard the most shocking news of his life. "That would be...that would be amazing! Thankyou!" From that point, he had to remind himself to keep listening to whatever it was that she had been saying.

He tried his hardest to pay attention, but music was really just not his fancy. He nodded a few times as she spoke, to show that he had not completely zoned out. "Well, that's really good to have a passion." He stated, rubbing the back of his head with his hand as he slightly chuckled. He knew basically nothing about music... "So...What types of music do you play?" He asked, trying to be nice and keep the conversation going. He honestly did not know anything about types, genres, instruments, ect.

follow you

PMUsers WebsiteAOL
^
Belinda Hamilton
 Posted: Feb 13 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote Post
PLAYED BY Quinn
Belinda Hamilton

N/Ayears

23posts

N/Astatus

MY FUTURE LIES BEYOND
THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD

Maybe it was Belinda’s very sheltered lifestyle growing up or just her own set of moral beliefs but she couldn’t help but love to make people smile. So when a smile crossed his face she couldn’t help but have a matching one on hers. “ See? It’s working already. Your smiling. Good karma is at work as we speak.” she declared catching him right in the act. That deed alone was enough to make Bel’s pause in her shopping trip worth-while.

When he said that she could call him Freddie she nodded her head enthusiastically. “ Well you have a friend now Freddie. It’s very nice to meet you.” she declared running a hand through her thick blonde hair as they spoke for a few moments more. Bel didn’t add that for most of her life she hadn’t really had friends either. Or rather friends her own age. Her parents were so careful about who she was allowed to be around that she hadn’t really made her own friends till recently.She had chosen to just ignore his apology since she had brushed it off several times before. It was fate at work, the drumsticks had fallen so that a new friendship could be made.

“ Oh sure! It’s no trouble.” she said waving him off when she said she would put in a good word for him at the school. Reaching into her purse she fished out her wallet to hand him one of her business cards. “ Here’s my card. Give me a call when you plan on going over to the district office and I’ll get you on the list.” she said handing it over. “ My home, cell, and office numbers are on there. My cell is probably the easiest way to reach me, I tend to always have it on me. ” she added.

“ I sing mostly. But when you go to school to be a music teacher you have to have a basic knowledge on all the instruments.” she said absently.” But what about you? What’s your passion? ” she asked curiously. Bel could go on and on about music for hours so she had to try and remind herself to have good manners and remember that not everyone else’s interests were music.

“ Oh and I’d probably be failing miserably in my duties as a teacher if I didn’t ask if you mind kids before offering to get you on the sub list.” she added as she smacked her forehead in a ‘duh’ moment. .

TAG: Open | WORDS: 480 | OUTFIT: Black Sweater, Jeans, Boots and a Grey Coat | CREDIT: MERCY OF CAUTION!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll